Cancellations Returns and Refunds Policy
A & G Cairncross Ltd: CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
This is the Cairncross of Perth Cancellations, Returns and Refunds Policy.
For our Terms and Conditions of Sale please click here https://a-g-cairncross-limited.myshopify.com/pages/privacy-policy-and-cookies.
SECTION 1 – YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back).
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see section 2.
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see section 3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions [and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods].
SECTION 2 – ENDING THE CONTRACT DUE TO OUR ACTIONS
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see section 4 of our Terms – available here https://a-g-cairncross-limited.myshopify.com/pages/terms-and-conditions-of-sale;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 28 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
SECTION 3 – YOUR RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND
You have 14 days to request a refund, and up to 30 days to request an exchange. After 30 days from your purchase, unfortunately we can't offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned, these include:
- Gift cards
- Items which have been specifically made, sized or engraved for you
- Earrings due to hygiene reasons
SECTION 4 – HOW TO END YOUR CONTRACT WITH US
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to us until you have spoken with us and we have confirmed that our refund policy applies to your purchase. Please email us at email@example.com, call us on 01738 624367 or speak to us in-store at Cairncross of Perth, 18 - 20 St. John's Street, Perth, Perthshire, PH1 5SR.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send the goods back to us within 14 days of receiving the goods.
SECTION 5 – REFUNDS
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund, as well as the amount of refund applicable.
If the refund is approved, your refund will then be processed minus any delivery cost, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 10 working days of receipt, minus any deductions we may make below if you are exercising your right to change your mind.
We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong; or
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind), you must pay the costs for return. Also, we may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
SECTION 6 – LATE OR MISSING REFUNDS
If you haven't received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you've done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 7 – SHIPPING
To return your product, firstly contact us at email@example.com and await a reply as to the eligibility of your return/refund or exchange. If accepted you should then mail the item back to us as: Cairncross of Perth, 18-20 St John Street, Perth, PH1 5SR, United Kingdom.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over £25.00 you must use Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed to return your products to us. We don't guarantee that we will receive your returned item, or that we will be able to process a refund or exchange unless the package has been signed for at our premises: Cairncross of Perth, 18-20 St John Street, Perth, PH1 5SR, United Kingdom.